Monday, June 6, 2011

Tawny and Al at Leduc's Relay for Life!



As I look more closely at many of the photos taken on Friday night, I am taken back to many moments. Some that choked me up, some that nearly brought me to my knees, and some that truly made my heart smile. Both Tawny and I were completely smitten with one survivor Al. He was insistent of having his photo taken by his mother's luminary and we were both a bit worried (as was his caregiver) as its location was on a slight side hill. The fact that Tawny and I were sure to get more than one photo for him, obviously made an impact. On Sunday, I was at friend's house for her daughter's first communion celebration. Our host, Ann happens to provide care for individuals as a nurse's aid. Well, she was at Al's place on Saturday and he remembered our names and the fact that we were lying down on the sidewalk to get the perfect shot. I can't wait for Ann to deliver these photos to Al. One very special survivor!


























No comments:

Post a Comment